Whether you need a portable snack for the car ride to the pool or a quick "pick me up" after your swim, these bars are absolutely perfect. They're convenient, packed with nutrients, and, oh yeah, absolutely delicious. They only lasted 2 days the most recent time I made them because everyone at the office wanted some! So the bars won't just satisfy your hunger - they'll also make you pretty popular. (If you're willing to share them, that is!)
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 12 pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
- Pinch of salt and paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix quick oats, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add coconut oil to the mix. You might want to use your hands to make sure everything gets fully coated!
- Evenly spread the granola mix on the cookie sheet, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and stir the granola around the 15 minute mark.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the chopped dates into the warm granola. Again, you might want to use your hands to make sure the mixture becomes thoroughly mixed and sticky. If it is not getting sticky, add more dates.
- Line a glass backing dish with parchment paper. Spread mixture into the dish evenly. Sprinkle the coconut flakes and flax seeds on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours (or until hard).
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars. You can individually wrap these bars in parchment paper and refrigerate!